Copper, lead, zinc, gold, silver
Volcanic-hosted massive sulphide
Central Newfoundland, Canada; road accessible
100% Altius-owned; 1,075 Ha
- Situated in a region that is well established for its VMS deposits & mining (e.g., Duck Pond deposit – 4.1 Mt @ 3.3% Cu, 5.7% Zn, 59 g/t Ag, 0.9 g/t Au; Boomerang deposit – 1.36 Mt @ 7.15% Zn, 2.98% Pb, 0.51% Cu, 109.57 g/t Ag, 1.7 g/t Au).
- Within the property, there have been a number of significantly large and angular copper-rich and zinc-rich massive sulphide boulders discovered. To date, all remain unsourced but very unlikely that they have travelled far. The VMS deposits in the region are typically zinc-rich, so it’s likely that the source of the copper-rich boulders are from an unknown deposit.
- Boulder 1: 6.7% Cu, 2.06% Zn, 4.8 g/t Au, 42 g/t Ag (historic rock chip sample)
- Boulder 2: 16.6% Cu, 0.18% Zn, 1.15 g/t Au, 76.1 g/t Ag (recent rock grab sample 15705)
- Boulder 3: 13.7% Cu, 0.24% Zn, 0.6 g/t Au, 62 g/t Ag (recent rock grab sample 15706)
- Boulder 4: 18.0% Zn, 17.6% Pb, 605 g/t Ag (recent rock grab sample 15902)
- The property is underlain by Tulks Hill felsic and mafic volcanic rocks. The Roebucks alteration zone (silica-sericite-pyrite), hosted by quartz-phyric felsic volcanics, is on trend with the Tulks Hill and Tulks East deposits.
- Five grab samples from an historic 1 m3 boulder with 80% magnetite and 20% chlorite-pyrite returned assays varying from 5.3 to 11.9 g/t Au, with outcrops assaying > 1 g/t Au.
- The property has been incorporated in regional exploration program since the 1960’s, however no modern EM geophysics and only 6 drill holes and 2 pack-sack holes.
- The property is easily accessible by road and exploration permitting is straightforward.
Chad Wells, VP Business Development ([email protected])
Roderick Smith, M.Sc., P.Geo., Chief Geologist for Altius, a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, is responsible for the scientific and technical data presented herein and has reviewed and approved this project summary.