Sediment-Hosted Stratiform Copper (SSC)
Labrador, Canada; helicopter accessible
100% Altius-owned; 12,925 Ha
- 250 documented copper occurrences, hosted primarily by the middle formations of the Mesoproterozoic Seal Lake Group (reduced grey beds)
- Copper mineralization is structurally controlled and generally stratiform and associated with the Grenville Orogeny (ca. 1.0 Ga)
- Historical drilling yielded 1.76% Cu and 56.2 g/t Ag over 7.9 m (DDH SL-11-10; starting at 90.6 m down hole)
- Four SSC-type target areas have been identified by Altius
- Previous exploration programs lacked sustained effort or suffered from poor targeting techniques whereby historical drilling is characterized by very shallow, closely spaced drill holes.
- 129.3 km2 land package comprising 517 mineral claims; Happy Valley-Goose Bay is located 145 km to the SE; hydroelectric power is readily available within Labrador; skilled mining workforce
- Straightforward and transparent permitting process. Project is eligible for a Provincial JEA grant
Chad Wells, VP Business Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Roderick Smith, M.Sc., P.Geo., Chief Geologist for Altius, a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, is responsible for the scientific and technical data presented herein and has reviewed and approved this project summary. Of note, historical results reported herein have not been verified by Altius personnel.