- Finland currently ranks number 1 in the world within the Fraser Institute’s mining investment attractiveness index. The jurisdiction has attracted investment by mid-tier to major gold companies.
- Altius, through it’s Finnish subsidiary (Altius Finland Oy), holds eight orogenic gold-focused reservations (refer to Figure 1); five in the Central Lapland Belt, two in the Perapohja Schist belt, and one in the Archean Greenstone Belt of Eastern Finland (total 241,212 Ha).
- Early recognition of acquisition opportunities has given Altius a significant advantage in this increasingly competitive jurisdiction. Altius’ reservations are located proximal to Aurion Resources’ Risti Project (refer to Figure 2) and Mawson Resources’ Rajapalot Project.
- Two historic gold occurrences are situated on Altius` Hanhilampi reservation, which is situated approximately 30 km southwest of Agnico Eagle’s Kittila gold mine. Previously reported assays at Hanhilampi include 1 m channel sample at 13.3 g/t and 1.7 m drill intersection at 7.9 g/t Au (refer to Figure 3). The Kaaresselka deposit (0.3 Mt @ 5 g/t Au and 1% Cu - historical) is situated 800m north of Altius’ Koppelo reservation.
- Initial reconnaissance programs were carried out in Finland in 2017 on the Kemijoki, Torvinen, Hanhilampi, Kokko and Missi reservations. Exploration work has recognized widespread quartz ± tourmaline ± albite ± magnetite ± pyrite ± chalcopyrite ± gold mineralization adjacent to major structures and fault splays (e.g. Sirkka Shear Zone).